Yesterday’s class was… anticlimactic. We went over the color wheel, complimentary colors, monochrome… you know, all that stuff they teach you the first week of EVERY art/design class you ever take. We did learn a little bit about fondant and gum paste, then did a bit of mixing and learned how to use the button flower press with the mixture of fondant and gum paste. It’s kind of cute, but I’m not a huge fan. It’s thick, but I’m sure it could be cute on the right cake
The “glue” was still a little wet, as you can tell. They’re supposed to dry for 3 days.
We were supposed to also learn how to do the gumpaste pansy, but ran out of time (everyone was late… except for me, of course). So, I took it upon myself to mess around with it for a while. This is what I wound up with.
They’re a bit dry and cracked, but I’m sure there’s a way to prevent that. I’m supposed to learn how to do them next week, so maybe there’s a better way.
By the way, these were taken with my new camera. I love that the proportions are nicer, and they don’t need to be edited at all. They’re much clearer, too.